FY 2018-2019 Budget Information
- The FY 2018-2019 budget was adopted with the effective tax rate
- General Fund scheduled to draw down 35% of existing reserves to a 13.5% fund balance
- Water & Sewer Fund scheduled to draw down 45% of existing reserves to 17% working capital
- Street Fund scheduled to draw down 50% of existing reserves to 17% fund balance
- Since adoption, the FY 2018-2019 Budget has been amended once, via Ordinance 659, adopted by the City Council on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Per the city's Charter, the City of Kennedale's fiscal year (FY) begins on the first day of October and ends on the last day of the following September. On or before the first day of August each year, the City Manager shall submit to the City Council a balanced budget for the ensuing fiscal year.
The City Council shall adopt the proposed budget, with or without amendment, after public hearings and before the first day of the ensuing fiscal year. During the fiscal year, the City Council shall have the power to make budget adjustments to include expenditures that could not, by reasonable thought and attention, have been included in the original budget. Such authorization shall be filed as amendments to the original budget with the County Clerk.
THE FY 2018-2019 budget was adopted with the effective tax rate.
Tue, Apr 23
Tue, Apr 30Economic Development Corporation (EDC) The EDC is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan that includes ...
Wed, May 1Parks & Recreation Board This board advises and formulates recommendations to the City Council for the use, improvement, and ...