- Taxes & Rates
- Appraisal & Collection
Appraisal & Collection
Properties located within the City of Kennedale, to include residential, commercial, industrial, farm, mineral, etc., are appraised by the Tarrant Appraisal District (TAD). There are numerous important dates and deadlines during the tax year; however, the most notable are:
- April 30: Last day to file an exemption application at Tarrant Appraisal District.
- May 31: Last day to file a protest with TAD for the current year.
- July 25: The Chief Appraiser certifies the appraisal roll to the taxing units
- July 31: This is the last day to make final payment on a payment plan.
- September 30: All tax rates must be set by taxing units.
To appeal the appraisal of a property, search property appraisal values, make an application for an exemption/deferral, or inquire about other appraisal-related items, please contact:
Tarrant Appraisal District
2500 Handley-Ederville Road
Fort Worth, TX 76118
Each October, annual property tax statements are mailed out by the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector. The City has a contract with the Tarrant County Tax Office to handle property tax billings and collections on behalf of the City. There are numerous important dates and deadlines during the tax year; however, the most notable are:
- October 1: The current collection period begins. Tax statements are mailed on or as soon as possible thereafter this date, throughout the county to real and personal property owners.
- February 1: Penalty and interest charges begin to accrue on taxes for the preceding year. Penalty begins at 6% and increases monthly to a maximum of 12% in July. Interest begins to accrue at the rate of 1% per month until the account is paid in full.
- July 1: All delinquent accounts for the current year are turned over to the tax attorneys for collection. A collection penalty of 15% of the total unpaid balance is added to the current delinquent accounts.
You may pay your taxes, search property tax accounts, estimate taxes, and renew automobile registration by contacting:
Tarrant County Tax Office (Tax Assessor-Collector)
100 East Weatherford Street
Fort Worth, TX 76196