Register to Vote
Qualifications & Requirements for Voting in Texas
Texas voter registration takes place at the county level and you may register to vote at any time. You are eligible to register to vote in Texas, if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old on the date your voter registration application is submitted, and you are 18 years of age on Election Day.
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
The above requirements are subject to change. Please visit the VoteTexas webpage to ensure you are viewing the current requirements.
This page was last updated in June 2023.
Voter Registration Applications can be found at the following locations:
- Tarrant County Voter Registration Information
- Texas Secretary of State Voter Registration Information
- A limited number of applications are also available at the City Secretary's Office and the Library
Registration applications must be received in the Tarrant County Voter Registrar's Office or be postmarked 30 days before an election for you to be eligible to vote in that election.