- Senior Center (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS SURROUNDING COVID-19
Until further notice, this facility will be closed, all programming will be suspended, and private event reservations will not be available.
The City of Kennedale will continue to reassess service levels at all facilities during the coming weeks. The community is encouraged to monitor the City’s online presence for current information in this rapidly changing environment:
- cityofkennedale.com/COVID will offer a list of closures (with links to full details)
- cityofkennedale.com/calendar will offer notices of canceled events or programs
We are aware that many of our Kennedale Senior Center participants rely upon the daily meals at the facility as well as the take-home grocery items. City of Kennedale leadership is working closely with Sixty and Better to identify a way to continue providing some level of these services during the coming weeks.
If you or someone you know has any questions about this announcement or needs help identifying an alternate source of nutritional assistance due to the closure of this facility, please do not hesitate to reach out to email City Hall or 817-985-2105.
- Lunch is served weekdays at 11:30 a.m. You must RSVP by 12:00 p.m. the day before by calling 817-985-2131. A donation of $2 per meal is greatly appreciated.
- Bingo Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Skip-Bo & Dominoes
- Puzzles & Crafts
- Wellness Classes
We're always looking for volunteers to teach classes, pick up members at their homes, or . We are always looking to learn something new! Please call 817-985-2131, if you're interested.
See all volunteer opportunities currently offered by the City of Kennedale at Volunteer Match.
Need a Ride?
The Senior Center offers daily ride service to and from the facility. Call 817-985-2131 for more information.
If you need a ride in the Tarrant County area, Catholic Charities of Fort Worth offers a ride program through the Tarrant Riders Network. To submit a ride request, call Catholic Charities at 817-336-8714 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please submit your request at least 48 hours before the requested pick-up time. Service is available on Tuesday and Friday only.
When you call, be prepared to provide the following:
- The time you are due at your destination
- Destination address and description
- Requested time for your return trip
- The number of riders, including any personal care attendant or guest accompanying you.