- Senior Center (CLOSED UNTIL 04/30/2020)
KENNEDALE SENIOR CENTER CLOSED: MONDAY, MARCH 16 THROUGH THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2020
POSTED FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020
To Our Kennedale Senior Center Participants,
Rest assured that, as of the date of this notice, there have been no cases of COVID-19 involving the Kennedale Senior Center. However, staff is committed to balancing the protection of public health with our community’s need to access resources in this challenging time.
Following the issuance today of a “State of Disaster” by the State of Texas and a “Declaration of Local Disaster Due to Health Emergency” (PDF) by Tarrant County, effective Monday, March 16, 2020, the Kennedale Senior Center facility will be closed, all programming will be suspended, and private event reservations will not be available through Thursday, April 30, 2020.
The Kennedale Public Library will also be closed for the same time period.
If you or your organization has booked either the Community Center or the Senior Center for an upcoming event, staff will reach out directly with information and options.
The City of Kennedale will continue to reassess service levels at all facilities during the coming weeks. The community is encouraged to monitor the City’s online presence for current information in this rapidly changing environment:
- cityofkennedale.com/corona will offer a list of closures (with links to full details)
- cityofkennedale.com/calendar will offer notices of canceled events or programs (not yet updated)
- The Senior Center also has a dedicated Facebook page at facebook.com/kennedaleseniors
We are aware that many of our Kennedale Senior Center participants rely upon the daily meals at the facility as well as the take-home grocery items. City of Kennedale leadership is working closely with Sixty and Better to identify a way to continue providing some level of these services during the coming weeks.
If you or someone you know has any questions about this announcement or needs help identifying an alternate source of nutritional assistance due to the closure of this facility, please do not hesitate to reach out to email City Hall or 817-985-2105.
- Lunch is served weekdays at 11:30 a.m. You must RSVP by 12:00 p.m. the day before by calling 817-985-2131. A donation of $2 per meal is greatly appreciated.
- Bingo Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Skip-Bo & Dominoes
- Puzzles & Crafts
- Wellness Classes
We're always looking for volunteers to teach classes, pick up members at their homes, or . We are always looking to learn something new! Please call 817-985-2131, if you're interested.
See all volunteer opportunities currently offered by the City of Kennedale at Volunteer Match.
Need a Ride?
The Senior Center offers daily ride service to and from the facility. Call 817-985-2131 for more information.
If you need a ride in the Tarrant County area, Catholic Charities of Fort Worth offers a ride program through the Tarrant Riders Network. To submit a ride request, call Catholic Charities at 817-336-8714 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please submit your request at least 48 hours before the requested pick-up time. Service is available on Tuesday and Friday only.
When you call, be prepared to provide the following:
- The time you are due at your destination
- Destination address and description
- Requested time for your return trip
- The number of riders, including any personal care attendant or guest accompanying you.