Utility Billing Customer Service Update
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2019
- Please send all future payments to: MuniBilling (made payable to ’City of Kennedale’) at 415 Pisgah Church Road, Suite 374, Greensboro, NC 27455
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to ’City of Kennedale’
- For Billing Questions, call 817-985-2120 or 1-877-416-2220 (toll-free; this is NOT an 817 number)
- For Water and Sewer Service Issues Other than Billing, call 817-275-5931
As a part of a larger collaboration under which the City of Arlington now operates and maintains Kennedale’s water and sewer utility system, we recently began preparing to consolidate billing and customer service with Arlington as well. The first step was an early termination agreement with Global Water FATHOM, which included the option to continue utilizing their billing and customer service while Kennedale accounts were moved to Arlington’s billing system.
However, due to the sudden and unexpected shutdown of FATHOM, Kennedale utility customers will instead be temporarily served by MuniBilling.
Customers have now received their final invoice from FATHOM (for November usage). Beginning Friday, December 13, 2019, utility billing and customer service will be provided by MuniBilling, under a short-term contract designed to bridge the gap from the time FATHOM ceases to provide service until all Kennedale accounts can be set up and tested within Arlington’s system.
The first priority during this transition is to provide continuity of service. By partnering with MuniBilling, you will continue to receive your utility bill about the same time each month, your account number will not change, and you’ll be able to use the same username and password to view usage and make payments online.
The only changes at this time will be the payment address and payment options. Unfortunately, during this transition, autopay will be unavailable. If you had previously authorized FATHOM to automatically draft a bank account or charge a credit card, this service has been canceled. You will need to pay each month’s invoice by another of the payment options listed below until this service is reinstated.
We apologize for these inconveniences and appreciate your patience throughout this transition. If your question is not answered below, staff will be responding to comments on the post that is currently pinned to the top of our Facebook page. You can also call 817-985-2120 or 1-877-416-2220 (toll-free; NOT an 817 number) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information will be posted here (cityofkennedale.com/billing) as it becomes available, including information about payment options and features offered by Arlington as we approach that final step.
NOTE: This page has been updated because it originally stated an incorrect phone number. The correct number is 1-877-416-2220. Please note that this is a toll-free 877 number, not a local 817 phone number. We apologize for the mistake.
YOUR NEW UTILITY BILL
UTILITY BILLING AND PAYMENT FACTS
- For the next few months, invoices will have a new format (see above).
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: The payment address is different. If you mail a check or use your bank’s online bill pay, ensure that you update the payment address to MuniBilling (made payable to ’City of Kennedale’) at 415 Pisgah Church Road, Suite 374, Greensboro, NC 27455, and that checks are made payable to ’City of Kennedale’. If you recently sent a payment, rest assured that all mail received at the Phoenix P.O. Box will be overnighted to City Hall for processing and appropriate crediting to your account. We appreciate your attention to this detail as it will prevent delays in crediting accounts.
- ’Autopay’ (recurring automatic payments via bank draft or credit card), payments by credit or debit card, and payments over the phone are temporarily unavailable but will return.
- If your account was enrolled in ’autopay’ through FATHOM, no action is necessary to prevent future payments via this method. This service has been terminated and no additional payments will be drafted or charged. However, action is required to ensure timely payments going forward. During this transition, you will need to pay your bill via one of the options listed below.
- As always, payments can be made in-person at Kennedale City Hall (405 Municipal Drive) via cash, check, or money order during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays). Payment via credit or debit card at the window will be available soon.
- The payment kiosk in the front entryway of City Hall has been replaced by a secure dropbox.
- The billing cycle will not change. Your next bill will be mailed on or before Tuesday, December 31. If you do not receive a utility bill during the first week of January, please call 817-985-2120 or 1-877-416-2220 (toll-free; NOT an 817 number).
AUTOPAY (Automatic Bank Draft of Credit/Debit Charge)Unfortunately, during this transition, autopay will be unavailable. If you had previously authorized FATHOM to automatically draft a bank account or charge a credit card, this service has been canceled. You will need to pay each month’s invoice by another of the payment options listed below until this service is reinstated.