- Public Works
The City of Kennedale is Reviewing and Updating Roadway, Water, and Wastewater Impact Fee
- Roadway, Water, and Wastewater Impact Fee Presentation PDF (02.11.2021)
- Roadway, Water, and Wastewater Report PDF (DRAFT)
Proposed Schedule for Action
- March 16, 2021: City Council adopts a Resolution for a public hearing date of Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- April 13, 2021: Last day for the CIAC to submit a recommendation to the City Council
- April 20, 2021: Public hearing during the regular City Council meeting for Land Use Assumptions (LUA), Capital Improvements Plan (CIP), and Impact Fee Ordinance
The Public Works Department maintains, repairs, and improves streets, parks, and the stormwater system. The water and wastewater utility systems and utility billing and customer service are operated and maintained through a collaboration with the City of Arlington.
- Public Works Design Standards Manual (PDF) Always consult with City staff prior to construction to ensure that all standards have been met.
- Right-of-way (ROW) and other permit information and forms
The City of Kennedale is a proud member of Tree City USA, a program celebrating the importance of an urban tree canopy and working to improve care of these vital city trees. Texas A&M Forest Service has compiled answers to some of the most commonly asked questions and problems that arise concerning tree care.
Report an Electrical Service or Streetlight Outage
If you see a downed power line, LEAVE THE AREA and call 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY from a safe distance. To report an outage, call at 1-888-313-4747; submit a report online; or view outage information. To report a broken streetlight submit a report online.
Oncor trims trees within their electrical easements. If you desire to have trees on private property trimmed that are in close proximity to the lines running between the main power line and your home or business, call Oncor at 1-888-313-6862 for rates and scheduling of a temporary disconnect to allow the tree service you have hired to cut the limbs. You are urged to use caution around electrical lines and equipment and to never trim trees around power lines yourself. The City of Kennedale does not trim tree limbs on private property or within electrical easements.