- Council Places 1, 3, and 5 are elected in May of odd-numbered years; The Mayor and Council Places 2 and 4 are elected in May of even-numbered years
- The polling place for Kennedale elections is the Community Center in the Kennedale Public Library (316 W 3rd Street, Kennedale, TX 76060)
- The City Secretary's Office is responsible for overseeing municipal elections including serving as the contract administrator for election services through Tarrant County, receiving all required candidate filings (including campaign finance reports), and conducting a drawing for the order in which names will appear on the ballot.
2019 General Election
Places on the Ballot:
City Council Places 1, 3, and 5
- Rockie Gilley currently serves as Place 1
- Sandra Lee currently serves as Place 3
- Jan Joplin currently serves as Place 5
Candidate Packets will be available online and in the City Secretary's Office (405 Municipal Drive) no later than the first day of the filing period. The deadline to file an "Application for a Place on the Ballot" is Friday, February 15, 2018, at 5:00 p.m.
All "Mandatory Filings" (above) and Campaign Finance Reports must be filed in the City Secretary’s office (405 Municipal Drive). There is no filing fee. The loyalty oath (on the Application for a Place on the Ballot) must be notarized. By having your application notarized, you are swearing that all information provided is truthful.
An Application for a Place on the Ballot cannot be accepted after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019. After submission, the City Secretary’s Office is allotted 5 (five) days to review applications (Texas Election Code §141.032). If an application is found to be incomplete or invalid after the filing deadline has passed, it cannot be amended nor can a new application be filed. It is strongly suggested that you file as soon as is practical to allow sufficient time for this review and corrections, if necessary.
Saturday, May 4, 2019 Election: Council Places 1, 3, & 5
Voting Times at the Kennedale Public Library Community Center (316 W 3rd St.)
|Monday, April 22 – Friday, April 26, 2019||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, April 27, 2019||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, April 28, 2019||11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Monday, April 29 – Tuesday, April 30, 2019||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|ELECTION DAY: Saturday, May 4, 2019||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
As a home rule city, Kennedale enjoys the full power of local self-government (Local Government Code, §51.072). The governmental structure and division of power are established in the City's Home Rule Charter, which was written in 1997 and adopted by election on January 17, 1998. It has been amended once (in May 2016).