FY 2018 to 2019 Budget Information
- The FY 2018 to 2019 budget was adopted with the effective tax rate
- General Fund scheduled to draw down 35% of existing reserves to a 13.5% fund balance
- Water & Sewer Fund scheduled to draw down 45% of existing reserves to 17% working capital
- Street Fund scheduled to draw down 50% of existing reserves to 17% fund balance
- Since adoption, the FY 2018 to 2019 Budget has been amended once, via Ordinance 659, adopted by the City Council on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Per the city's Charter, the City of Kennedale's fiscal year (FY) begins on the first day of October and ends on the last day of the following September. On or before the first day of August each year, the City Manager shall submit to the City Council a balanced budget for the ensuing fiscal year.
The City Council shall adopt the proposed budget, with or without amendment, after public hearings and before the first day of the ensuing fiscal year. During the fiscal year, the City Council shall have the power to make budget adjustments to include expenditures that could not, by reasonable thought and attention, have been included in the original budget.
Proposed and adopted budgets are filed with the City Secretary's Office, as well as any amendments to the adopted budgets. The most recent years' budgets are linked below.
THE FY 2018 to 2019 Budget was adopted with the effective tax rate.
Notice of 2018 Property Tax Rates (DOC)
Notice Of 2018 Public Hearing On Budget (DOC)
(Oct. 1 to Sept. 30)
|2018 to 2019||FY19* (PDF)||FY19 Proposed (PDF)||Not Yet Available|
|*The FY19 Budget was amended in April 2019, via Ordinance 659 (PDF).|
|2017 to 2018||FY18 (PDF)||FY18 Proposed (PDF)||FY18 (XLS)|
|2016 to 2017||FY17 (PDF)||FY17 Proposed (PDF)||FY17 (XLS)|
|2015 to 2016||FY16 (PDF)||FY16 Proposed (PDF)||FY16 (XLS)|
|2014 to 2015||FY15 (PDF)||FY15 Proposed (PDF)||FY15 (XLS)|
|2013 to 2014||FY14 (PDF)||FY14 Proposed (PDF)||FY14 (XLS)|
|2012 to 2013||FY13 (PDF)||FY13 Proposed (PDF)||FY13 (XLS)|
|2011 to 2012||FY12 (PDF)||FY12 Proposed (PDF)||FY12 (XLS)|
|2010 to 2011||FY11 (PDF)||FY11 Proposed (PDF)||FY11 (XLS)|