Licenses, Building Permits, and Inspections
Links to applications for permits, licenses, and renewals are below. Completed forms should be emailed to the Planning and Permits Department . For faster processing, include all required attachments (e.g., plans or trade licenses) listed on the form. Once processed, you will receive an email with payment instructions, if applicable. Please allow 1 to 2 business days for processing.
For questions regarding plan submittal requirements, include the property address and scope of work in your email.
- Accessory Structure
- Alcoholic Beverage Permit
- Business License
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Clearing, Grading, or Tree Removal
- Commercial Building
- Construction in Public ROW
- Contractor Registration
- Demolition or Removal
- Drive Approach
- Fence, Retaining Wall, Screening Wall
- Garage Sale
- Home Business
- Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Registration Form
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP)
- Mobile Food Vendor (Food Trucks)
- Mobile Vendor (No Food)
- Private Water Well
- Residential Building
- Roof Construction
- Short-Term Rental
- Solar Panel
- Special Event
- Swimming Pool
Home Occupation Business Permit Application (PDF)
Business licenses must be renewed annually. Applications can also be obtained at the Permits window in City Hall.
Certificates of Occupancy
Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF).
These certificates are issued once but require annual inspections.
Contractor Registration Application (PDF)
Registration valid for one year.
Liquid Waste Hauling and Backflow Testing
These permits are issued through the City of Arlington.
Can’t find the form you’re looking for?
- Asbestos: Is a Survey Required? (PDF)
- Mobile Home Moving Permit and Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Prelim Drainage and Utility Study Checklist
- Prelim Plat Checklist
- Solar Electric Water Heater Handout (PDF)
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System Handout (PDF)
- Solar-Ready Guidelines For North Texas (PDF)
- When is a Professional Engineer Required? (PDF)
- When is an Architect's Seal Required? (PDF)