Licenses, Building Permits, & Inspections

Permits & Inspections

Building Codes

The City of Kennedale operates under the following codes, approved by City Council on August 15, 2016, (Ordinance 603).

View all current NCTCOG Regional Amendments

The above external links are for your reference only and are not maintained by the City of Kennedale.

Business Licenses

Please download an application for a Home Occupation Business PermitPDF Icon. Business licenses must be renewed annually. Applications can also be obtained at the Permits office in City Hall.

Certificates of Occupancy

Please download an applicationPDF Icon. These certificates are issued once and require annual inspections. 

Contractor Registration

Please download an applicationPDF Icon.


Fees for licenses and permits are listed in the city's code of ordinances, or can be downloadedPDF Icon. The Permits & Planning Office staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the fees.

Building Permits

Click here for more information and links to building permit applications.


For more information, click here.

Backflow and Liquid Waste Hauler Permits

These permits are issued through the City of ArlingtonBackflow and liquid waste hauling inquiries should be directed to the City of Arlington.

Catherine Pica

Prior to the installation or modification of an interceptor system or chemical toilet, please contact Development Services for information regarding required permits and plan reviews.